Spiked Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
Sunday’s are one of my favorite days of the week. It is the day I play in my kitchen. I put work aside and tinker with recipes that are on my to do list. Today I am sharing my favorite spiked vanilla bean whipped cream and a new gluten free cookbook that I just bought. My spiked vanilla bean whipped cream is an old favorite, but Kyra Bussanich’s new Sweet Cravings Cookbook is a must for any gluten free baker. Her recipes not only look amazing, they taste amazing. I decided to try her apple crisp first and test it on my small group. It did not disappoint. Not a morsel was left.
SPIKED VANILLA BEAN WHIPPED CREAM
For printable recipe, click here
- 2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon pecan liqueur (optional)
**Note: Pecan Liqueur can be hard to find. I attached a link so you can see what the bottle looks like. I get mine at Bevmo. You could also sub in Brandy, Whiskey or Amaretto
1. Place mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 15 minutes.
2. In a prep bowl mix heavy cream and vanilla bean paste together. Place in refrigerator.
3. Remove bowl from the freezer and pour in whipping cream
4. Mix on high speed. While mixing sprinkle in the 2 tbsps of organic sugar
5. Mix until soft peaks form.
6. Add in the pecan liqueur if you have it. It adds a slight caramel taste.
7. Serve immediately or place the mixture covered in the refrigerator.
Do you want to make this amazing apple crisp too? Head over to the Amazon link below to purchase the Sweet Cravings cookbook. You won’t be disappointed. I am pretty sure I can not be left alone with the crumble topping. Highly addictive and dangerous. One tip that I will give you, head to Whole Foods. They are the only store that carried the Sweet White Rice Flour and Millet Flour in the Arizona area. Don’t be fooled either. White rice flour and sweet white rice flour a very different. I love how sweet white rice flour acts in baked goods.